Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:54:02 +0400
From:      3APA3A <3APA3A@SECURITY.NNOV.RU>
To:        sendmail-bugs@sendmail.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        aleph1@securityfocus.com
Subject:   P.S. to sorry

Hello,

  It  doesn't  mean  that  there is no fgets() problem in mail.local -
  there is fgets() then checking incoming mail for ".\n" in LMTP mode.
  Text  "(2047 chars).\n" will be treated as an end of the message and
  the  rest  of the text will be treated as LMTP commands. This allows
  for  attacker to insert any LMTP commands inside e-mail message. (as
  I  remember sendmail can use LMTP, I don't remember if it is default
  behavior  or not). It can be very unpleasant. I just need to rewrite
  report :)

  Sorry for this e-mail flood...

http://www.security.nnov.ru
         /\_/\