Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:33:39 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "James R. Higgins" <sysop@bat21.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600x and PCMCIA

> From: "James R. Higgins" <sysop@bat21.net>
> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:29:28 -0700
>
> That got me moving close to the solution .  My non wireless cards work
> but my wireless does not and gives me the following error repeatedly:
>
> Wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear
>
> Then it locks up. The card is a compaq WL100

Is WEP enabled? If I have WEP enabled and the card attempts to
associate with an AP that is not using the same WEP key, I get these
messages.

If you are using WEP, please be sure to use a hex key. ASCII
keys seem to have interoperability issues, depending on the exact card
used. General advice is to just not use ASCII keys.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)