Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:37:55 +0300
From:      "Adrian Minta" <gygy@stsnet.ro>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 8.2 and MPD5 stability issues

> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_8
>

> csup -g -L2 -h cvsup10.freebsd.org  /tmp/stable-supfile
>
> This will pull down all the source for the RELENG_8, the most uptodate
> source tree and put it in /usr/src from the cvsup mirror
> cvsup10.freebsd.org.  Where you see references to cvsup (the client app)
> use instead csup which will do everything you need.
>
> then
> cd /usr/src;make -j2 buildworld > b.out;make -j2 buildkernel > b.out.k
>
> If all goes well, you will see in b.out at the end

> and

> Then follow the steps to install the kernel and world
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/makeworld.html
>

> 	---Mike

Thank you !
My server is stable now with 3572 sessions.
The issue now seems to be the rate of new connections/sec. When a new "ng"
device is created some scripts are run (like /etc/pccard_ether ). The
scripts drive the CPU to 100% and sometimes new connections fail to
establish.

I guess I have to find a bigger CPU now :)