Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:23:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      chuckr@glue.umd.edu
To:        npp@neg-micon.dk
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: async fs?

On 17 Nov, Nicolai Petri wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I read something about mounting a drive in async mode, I wondered if this
> will give me a performance increase on my proxy server.. And is it possible
> to do it on all filesystems ??

Are you aware that losing your system while you are running async is
usually fairly safe (often you lose no files, or if you were very busy
doing disk activity, maybe a few), but if you are mounted async, you
could possibly lose much, much more?  It'll certainly increase
performance, but you'd better be willing to pay the price.

> CyberDuck

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |