Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:26:46 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Jan Goebel <jgoebel@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I can only get half the internet!

> sound like an MTU problem - are you blocking icmp type 3 code 4? can
> you please post your output of ifconfig?

isp0: flags=a051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,LINK1,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 213.157.24.235 --> 0.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffffff
        ether 00:00:00:00:00:00

> as you can see in your tcpdump logs there are quite a few packets with
> a pretty high mtu and df bit set.

Actually, I don't see it (shame on me!), but where does the mtu size come
from, since the setting in ifconfig seems normal? And where do I enable
fragmentation?

JAN