Date:      Sun, 3 Jun 2007 01:09:34 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        Indigo 23 <indigo23@gmail.com>, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome [and Xfce] Terminal artifacts

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:42:47 -0500 (CDT)
Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Indigo 23 wrote:
>=20
> > After upgrading ports and subsequently upgrading to Gnome 2.18.2
> > from 2.18.1, gnome-terminal seems to have a problem where it just
> > litters the window with various artifacts, I'm not sure if this is a
> > gnome-terminal problem or is something related to vte.  This occurs
> > whether I am using transparency or a background color (i.e. black).
> > Has anyone else experienced this?
> >
> > See screenshot here:
> > http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1596/gt3pw6.jpg
>=20
> Yes.  I have experienced this as well.

Exactly the same thing, with Xfce Terminal, after upgrade to Xorg-7.2,
with and without transparency. When I move Terminal window, artifacts
disappear.

Besides that, I occasionaly see 'black holes' when scrolling the text,
i.e. partially black lines instead of shaded background picture.

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87