Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:17:09 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?B?U3phYvMgUOl0ZXI=?= <peter@jobservice.hu>
To:        <freebsd-geom@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Raid3 is slow

Hi!

I have a raid3 setup with 5 consumers. it seems everything is all right, =
but riad is very slow imho, but i don't have any reference.

Now i copy from raid3 to a single hdd 75GB data. Nothing else run, =
except ssh, and ftp. Before the copy my load is 0.1, after i star the =
copy the load is 2.92 or higher, and the machine is very slow. I think =
this is not normal, or is it?

My config is:
AMD Barton 2500+ with 1GB memory.

I stop the copy, load is 0.05, and start again, after a few seconds load =
is 2.02.

raid is used to download with torrentflux, but the downloads always =
stops because the high load.

Matyee