Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 1997 21:57:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      jdcase@voicenet.com (John Case)
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   install of FreeBSD

Hi:
   I can't seem to get the cdrom to be recognized after I finish the novice
install. Even thought the (Panasonic/Reveal) CD driver (matcd0) seems to be
loaded fine and reads during the install--after I cant see the "dists"
directory. Any ideas?

   Also, ifconfig SEEMS to work ok from the command line, the network config
in the sysinstall program sees the ne2000 device (ed0) but never prompts to
set the ip numbers, subnet, etc.

   Lastly, I am having a hard time XFree86 to work. But that will be better
after I can access the cdrom from command line.

    John cAse

jdcase@voicenet.com
or
jcase@netscape.com