Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 12:30:38 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Joe Abley' <jabley@clear.co.nz>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Joe McGuckin <joe@monk.via.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: GPS receivers for xntpd (off-topic)

	[ML]  Back to my olden telco days some 10+ years ago when SDH
was on paper only and ATM was on benches, this sounds like 2MHz H1*
clock synchronized to GPS.  Since transmission does not need the time of
day info (at least it did not need it last time I had any contact with
it, ages ago), I don't think there is any time of day info in that clock
output which would make this particular GPS receiver useless for NTP
purposes.  Unless, of course, there is another output on the receiver
which provides the time of day info as well.

	[ML]  * I think it's H1 I'm talking about: 30+2 channels of
64kbps.  European equivalent of T1.  Approx. 2MHz.

	[ML]  /Marino