Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:59:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/19417: /usr/ports/misc/jargon/README.html needsupdating now   ;-)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	I'd be very interested to know what you get on your system, and
> if that is different from what I have, why it is different.  Myself,
> I'm guessing that you get them no matter what, and if so, then I'd
> suggest that we make a point of keeping these things up-to-date.

Because README.html files are included in the RELEASES (when you install
and select 'ports') but not if you CVSup from scratch.  If you have never
done a 'make readme', then your README.html files are simply what was
extracted during the install.  And since there were more ports in the tree
when 4.0-RELEASE was cut versus 3.4-RELEASE, a 4.0 machine should have
more README.html files.

Personally I don't install the ports tree from a RELEASE, instead
CVSup'ing from my local CVS tree, so I have no READHE.html's around.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org