Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:56:24 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   sym SCSI card problems during settle wait

-previously posted to questions

I'm trying to install 4.2-RELEASE from floppies.  The SCSI card is giving
me some grief.

I'm using an ASUS PCI SCSI card.  During the probes, I see this:

sym0: <810a> port 0x6100-0x61ff mem 0xc1001000-0x10010ff irq 9 at
device 17.0 on pci0 sym0: No NVRAM, ID 7, Fast-10, SE parity
checking

The card has 53C810A on a SYMBIOS chip if that helps.

The last message displayed is: Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to
settle. Then it stops and never comes back.  Any ideas why?

I've checked termination, duplicate ids, and there are no IRQ conflicts
that I can see.

thanks

--
Dan Langille