Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 17:32:57 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NOCRYPT / NOSECURE

Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org> writes:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:20:08PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > I would therefore like to remove NOSECURE, preferably before 5.1.
> Please go ahead.

See attached patch.

> > NO_OPENSSL is also a subset of NOCRYPT.  There is so little that
> > builds with NO_OPENSSL but not with NOCRYPT that I think it might be
> > worthwhile to deprecate NO_OPENSSL and change the description of
> > NOCRYPT from "will prevent building of crypt versions" to "do not
> > build crypto-related software"
> I'm not so sure about NO_OPENSSL.

What crypto stuff do we have that doesn't use OpenSSL?  As far as I
can determine, there's only ed(1) and bdes(1) (which use libcipher but
should probably use libcrypt instead) and some (but not all) of the
cryptography-related kernel modules (for which there should be a
separate option).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org