Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:23:00 -0400
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to SOLVE popper error

Ok... I know that the following error message from QPOP has come up here
before.

server popper[21648]: (v2.2) Unable to get canonical name of client, err = 0

I know what it means and I've tried looking up the man page but for some
reason, it doesn't exist on my system, nor on the HTML version at
www.freebsd.org.  What I really want to know is, how to make it go away?
As far as I can tell, I have all hosts listed in /etc/hosts, and because
the log entry doesn't include the IP address of this unnamed "client", I'm
having a hard time tracking down the source.  Is there anyway to figure out
the IP address that triggered the error message?  And how can I get the man
page(s) for popper installed?

Please cc: any replies to my email.  Thanks in advance
Scott I. Remick (MCP, A+, HP)           mailto:scott@computeralt.com
Network Systems Administrator           (802)388-7545  FAX:(802)388-3697
Computer Alternatives, Inc.             http://www.computeralt.com

It's not broken, it just lacks duct tape...