Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:48:25 -0600
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        Clark Shishido <cshishid@slip.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 19160 and Data Parity Errors

> > ahc: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
> > PCI Interupt at seqaddr=0x8  <- this also alternates with 0x9o
> >

> there seem to be some issues with the ahc driver in 4.3-BETA and BETA2
> see the "ahc invalidating pack" thread for some details.

	For what its worth, I have an Adaptec 29160 (operating in
   32 bit PCI mode) with 4.3-BETA, 3/15, and it has been going fine.
   I have a Plextor CD-RW and two 10k rpm IBM SCSI drives (18GB, 36GB)
   hanging off of the bus.

	Everything has been working just fine. Of course, I _did_ lose
   a Seagate 9GB 10k U2W SCSI driver, hanging off of my Adaptec 2940U2W.
   But, I am pretty certain that was the drive, since its replacement
   has been fine.

								Bruce