Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 2010 12:03:30 -0500
From:      Clayton Scott Kern <ckern1@roadrunner.com>
To:        Matt Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail & Procmail

on 01-29-2010, Matt Emmerton wrote:

.... snipped ....

> >I would like to get away from sendmail or any other MTA for that matter,
> >but
> >never found solution for handling the emails generated by the system.
>
> Check out DragonFlyBSD's dma(1).  It's designed just for this purpose.
>
> --
> Matt Emmerton

This looks very interesting and right now I'm using it instead of msmtp
for my outgoing mail.

My setup is:

getmail -> maildrop/mailfilter -> mutt -> dma

I'm uncertain how to use dma for system mail messages, ex cron output.
dma's docs say that it doesn't listen on port 25.

I had found a web site that showed how to replace sendmail with dma, but
can't find it again.  Forgot what words I searched on.

Scott Kern