Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:52:22 +0000
From:      Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
To:        Rainer Koschnick <arkay@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 installation on Asus K8V-D impossible?

> I could give it a try, yes.  This is on a VIA K8T800 chipset.  I really
> don't know what could cause this error since the message itself isn't
> very helpful (no device information or anything).

A few weeks back I tried 5.3-RELEASE/amd64 on an MSI K8V Neo board with
512MB RAM and a 40GB Samsung PATA HDD.  This board had a Via K8T800
chipset.

While the initial install went through without problems, the board failed
the standard  test of running "make -jN buildworld".  The indications were
of memory corruption under load.  Tweaking the relevant BIOS settings
didn't help.

Just another data point.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer, http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy