Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 1999 09:45:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Luke <lh@aus.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, (Kenneth Wayne Culver) <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Subject:   Re: ata driver (again)

> A dmesg to start with would be fine that way I may be able to reproduce
> it here pn semilar HW.
wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <ST39140A>, LBA, DMA, 32-bit, multi-block-16,
      sleep-hack
wd0: 8693MB (17803440 sectors), 1108 cyls, 255 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S

(sleep-hack I turned on last night)

>> > /kernel: wd0: wdtimeout() DMA status 4
> Thats not the ata driver thats the wd driver :)
> Looks like interrupt lossage to me...

        yes it is, it happens to me with either driver. I keep suspecting it
is something other than the disk or OS , like the motherboard or something
but I have no idea how to find out.
Thanks

Luke