Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 95 10:16 WET
From:      uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Frank Durda IV)
To:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Theory Failed: screen vs keyboard lock-up

[2]As Frank Durda IV wrote:
[2]
[2]You could effectively cause the lockup to happen by rapidly changing
[2]between screens that had updates occuring on them, such as "ls -alR /"
[2]on a couple of screens, then toggle between them.

[3]joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de sayeth:
[3]That appears to be the "set LEDs" lockup (collision between input and
[3]output data streams on the serial keyboard line).  The originator of
[3]this problem report however experienced a lockup while _nothing_ was
[3]going (during the night).

Uh, then why did the originator say this in the mail I responded to:

[1]I can't tell you what's causing it but I've got similar symptoms
[1]since the beginnings.  Right now I'm running 2.1.0-SNAP-9507?? and
[1]it still happens every now and then.  The only thing I noticed is
[1]that it always happens when I switch screens during disk activity.
[1]Also note that during a lockup I'm able to login on a serial line
[1]and everything works OK*.  It's only the console input which is lost
[1]until I reboot the machine.

Dunno, it sure sounds like we are talking about the same symptoms to me.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Fastest Route)| demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |"A what?"
...decvax!fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem         |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983