Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2012 22:38:59 +0100
From:      Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Cc:        davide@freebsd.org, Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kern/173898: [iwn] [patch] iwn(4) DOES support 6235 chip.

On Saturday 01 December 2012 05:59:22 Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 30 November 2012 20:28, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > It's not that simple. Speak to bernhard.
>

> Davide, You mention some issues and I asked you to follow up to the
> PR.  Can you please explain them?
>
> > There are other issues that he knows about. I don't know if he's
> > replied to the email or not; poke him on irc.
>
> IRC doesn't help as the record does not go into the PR

For the record.. I thought I mentioned this in another PR already.

Using the new firmware and adding the PCI IDs is enough to detect
the cards and get some basic stuff working. The major part of the
features is not though. At least on 11n HT40 you will definitely
get a firmware crash. Also, the throughput sucks, even in legacy
mode.

I'm not able to pin the cause, working on it. Johannes is also
looking into it.

--
Bernhard