Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:52:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mozilla

I have been trying to get mozilla to work for me, but two other ports,
both depending on a set of broken links on  freedesktop.org's wiki, are
making it do mozilla won't start up for me.

In order to get mozilla to build, I needed to remove the RUN__DEPENDS from
the x11-toolkits/gtk20 ports.  Here's what that is:

RUN_DEPENDS=
${LOCALBASE}/share/mime/magic:${PORTSDIR}/misc/shared-mime-info \

${X11BASE}/share/icons/hicolor/index.theme:${PORTSDIR}/misc/hicolor-icon-theme

The files referenced, I couldn't locate them via google. and the wiki
wasn't helpful;  I tried to get someone on the irc at freedesktop to help,
but it's not going to help yet.

taking this out got mozilla to build, but it will not actually startup, it
keeps hanging on "registering" (not the ports process) itself.

Does anyone in FreeBSD have these files, so that I could please, please
get me a copy, and get my mozilla working?  I would really appreciate it.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).