Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 22:58:24 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: snd970924.tgz available...

Hi,

I have  been testing your sound driver for about 1/2 hour.

Overall vat seems to work rather well however I am getting a slight
subtle click on the background. I think is the recording generating
the click because I just did "cat /dev/audio0" and managed to hear
the click actually "cat file.au >/dev/audio0" also generates
the click.

Also I hear a high freguency pitch on the background.

Hmmm... I wonder if it is the card .

Now the good news , the driver managed to recognize the card the first time 8)
Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC4236 [0x3642630e] Serial 0xffffffff
mss_attach <CS4236>1 at 0x530 irq 11 dma 3:1 flags 0x11
pcm1 (cs423x <CS4236> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x530 irq 11 drq 3 flags 0x11 id 12

Then later on I got:

pcm0 at 0xffff irq -1 drq -1 mem 0x0 flags 0x0 en 1 confl 0

My config line is:

controller pnp0  # this is required for PnP support

device   pcm0 at isa ? port? tty  vector pcmintr

My card is an AcerOpen AW32 Pro Wave Table Audio Card about ($60).

It has a CS4236 in it.

-------

Not ready yet to dump my GUS PnP 8)

	Regards,