Date:      Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:22:13 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        ignacioc@avantel.net (Ignacio Cristerna), freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation: what to (not) do about it

> What ever happened to that huge amount of installer code that
> The FreeBSD Project funded with that Russian(?) guy?

1. It wasn't the project who funded or really had much of anything to
   do with it, it was Walnut Creek CDROM

2. It wasn't a huge amount of code.

3. It's called libh and there's already a mailing list devoted to it
   and several volunteers devoted to its gradual improvement.  Where
   have you been?  One assumes you at least read the paper I did on
   the topic of installers where libh is also described fully.

4. You seem to be almost compelled to furnish a stream of singularly
   unhelpful replies to this topic lately, providing everything from
   citations to proprietary projects which run counter to the goals of
   the FreeBSD project to manufactured descriptions of projects like
   libh.  It really makes me wish you'd choose to focus all the free
   time you now so obviously have now on actually writing code; that
   would be a refreshing change from your current operational model.

- Jordan