Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:44:04 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   compiling linux code - pencam

I am attempting to compile and run pencam, which us a small program
for loading photos from a small digital camera.

It is originally written to compile under linux.

A number of questions come to mind;

Should I compile this under freebsd or linux?
The camera connects to the usb port, and I don't know what the status
of freebsd support is for usb.

My first thought was to try and compile under freebsd, but I get errors.
If I compile under linux, how would I direct the makefile to utilize
the linux compiler  - is it even feasable?