Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 1995 11:49:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        radova@risc6.unisa.ac.za (A. Radovanovic)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boca 6-port serial card

> I'v just got a Boca 6-port serial card: IOAT 66.
> The card has the following configurable (by jumpers) parameters:
>
> Port  Address       Interrupts           Shared         IRQ status Reg
> A     3f8 or 220    IRQ4 or shared     IRQ4 or IRQ 5    2f0 or 208
> B     2f8 or 228    IRQ3 or shared
> C     3e8 or 240    IRQ 10 or shared
> D     2e8 or 248    IRQ 11 or shared
> E     3e0 or 260    IRQ 12 or shared
> F     2f0 or 268    IRQ 15 or shared
>
> Can anybody help me with an advice how to place jumpers, and how to
> configure the kernel? Can I assume that this is the 8-port card without
> 2 ports? :)
>
> Regards, Alex

A push in the right direction:  I have a BocaBoard 2016.  The following
setup is along the lines of what you might do for a shared interrupt solution
(i.e. to keep your interrupts free for other COM ports or peripherals):

device          sio4    at isa? port 0x220 tty flags 0x0905
device          sio5    at isa? port 0x228 tty flags 0x0905
device          sio6    at isa? port 0x240 tty flags 0x0905
device          sio7    at isa? port 0x248 tty flags 0x0905

device          sio8    at isa? port 0x260 tty flags 0x0905
device          sio9    at isa? port 0x268 tty flags 0x0905 irq 5 vector siointr

Obviously you would need to set all your addresses to the alternate
locations, and set the board to share IRQ's on IRQ 5.

I am not sure about the "flags 0x0905" - the 05 may or may not be
appropriate (the 09 tells it that the shared IRQ master device is sio9).
This is totally untested - I am just trying to get you shoved in the right
direction with something I *think* will work.  I do not have one of these
cards to play with, but multiport cards I have configured in the past all
pretty much fell in line this same way.

Remember to do

options "COM_MULTIPORT"

in your config file.