Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:38:48 -0800
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        Anatoliy Dmytriyev <tolid@plab.ku.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, KDE-FreeBSD <kde-freebsd@lists.csociety.org>
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] kdelibs-3.0.5.tar.bz2 is broken

On Thursday 16 January 2003 07:22 am, Anatoliy Dmytriyev wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> How all these action can fix the problem with broken .bz2 archive? The
> system can't unpack the archive kdelibs-3.0.5.tar.bz2 because on the ftp
> sites in we have bad archives (ftp.freebsd.org, ftp.dk...., ftp.ru...,
> I didn't check others). My point is: somebody should put "good" archive
> on these sites.
>
> Best regards,
> Anatoliy Dmytriyev

My point is that I do not believe we have determined that there is in fact any
bad KDE files on those sites.  If these files were bad and they are passing
MD5 checks, then there would be a cry from masses of folks telling us that
KDE is broken.  This is not the case.

By going through the steps I described you will be making 100% certain you
have a proper download of the file, and that you don't have any other half
completed build processes that may be getting in the way.

Furthermore, if you do complete those steps and provide the information I
listed we could then dig in deeper to what exactly is happening.

Until there is more than just one person seeing this problem, it seems pretty
reasonable to assume at this point that the file on those servers are good.
If anyone else can duplicate the problem, which to date has not been the
case, then we might just have us a bad file up there.

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."