Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:05:22 +0100
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Booting bit-by-bit (rc.conf broken)

My rc.conf file appears to be broken in some way, and this is preventing =
my system from booting. It boots to a heavily resticted system, with =
only the / file system mounted and the statically linked binaries =
available. Problem is, I can't edit my rc.conf or remove it. Is their =
any way I can either selectivly execute statements in the rc.conf during =
bootup (similar to the old dos method), or a way I can force login, so I =
can remove the damaged rc.conf.

Thanks=20

Colin.