Date:      Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:22:28 +0100
From:      Goedeke Michels <likedeeler@nebelschwaden.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Deleted VAR

There is a tool supposed to be able to do this:
/usr/ports/sysutils/ffsrecov

However, it does not work for me, complaining about some missing magic.
Maybe you have more luck.
There is also an undelete (2) routine, however, I am not aware of any
program that uses it. In case you have any success (besides
reinstalling), please let me know, since I am in a similar position.
Of course you should not write to that partition, since old (now
deleted) stuff may get overwritten and will be beyond recovy. If there
is any, at all, that is. google was not too helpful about this.