Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:31:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Vittorio Mori <vmori@cronosnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Invalid Number Format (Q.850)" ... weird

From the keyboard of Vittorio Mori:

> I was happily using I4B under -STABLE one week ago.
>
> The system was running extremely fine, 24h/24 with no problems at all.
>
> Then I synced -STABLE yesterday, and made a "make world" (I had to make some
> [hardware] maintainance work on the FreeBSD-box).
>
> The "make world" put the i4b package back to version 0.90 : I already had
> the 0.96 beta into /usr/local, so I switched to 0.96 (using th
> overinstall.sh script provided). Then, as usual, I made a fresh kernel,
> after the sync with -stable. The kernel refused to compile, complaining
> about the "i4btrace.c" .. there was something missing in the include files.
> I made an overuninstall.sh & overinstall.sh again, and the kernel compiled
> nicely. I already had this kind of problem some time ago; doing the
> overinstall&uninstall usually cured the problem. I got the i4b package
> re-compiled again nice & clean.
>
> But now, when I make a call with userland PPP or the sync ppp via isp0 I get
> the message "Invalid Number Format" .... (!!!) ...
>
> The incoming number is all screwed up (if I call my isdn number with my cell
> phone, for example, is not displayed, while before was OK) ...

This is strange. The message is being generated by the exchange, so the
numbers get already mangled to the exchange. And, if an incoming number
is getting to i4b also mangled so i suspect something is wrong with your
NT or the exchange.

There has nothing substantial been changed in i4b in this area, so i doubt
this is the cause of your problem.

There are several possiblities: trace your S0 bus what is really happening
there, observe what other devices on the bus do (what happenes if you
disconnect/reconnect other devices), downgrade to the previous version of
the OS/i4b.

But i cannot point you to a special thing to do because i have no idea what
the exact cause of your problem is.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77