Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 16:04:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dan Walters <hannibal@cyberstation.net>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: real audio over network doesn't work?

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Paul T. Root wrote:

> Yep, it works fine for me. I have everything but the opl0 in my config.
> Actually, I'm trying out the OSS sound subsystem currently. It
> works pretty good. I haven't decided whether to buy it yet, since I
> don't seen a huge value add. I can build a kernel just fine.
>
> Why do you have conflicts on every line? Do you really need them? That
> my be the problem? I'm using 2.2.1-Release. Here's my Sound card config
> (it worked too, before I put the OSS in).
>
> # Sound Card
> controller snd0
> device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
> device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 6
> device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x300
> options "SBC_IRQ=5"
> options "SB16_DMA=6"

Well, I tried without all the conflicts stuff (there was a syntax change
on the sound card config a couple months ago, so I just copied the new
lines out of LINT, and that is what was there...) and without opl0, still
no luck.  I'm downgrading to 2.2 next week I guess, so at least I know it
works there.  :)

Dan Walters
hannibal@cyberstation.net