Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2012 21:24:38 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere && building for "."

--4VrXvz3cwkc87Wze

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 07:48:37PM +0300, Alexandr Kovalenko wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I have a quick question about poudriere and building for HEAD (AKA .
> AKA 10.0-CURRENT).
>=20
> When I created my buildjail, I used "." to specify version and method "cs=
up".
>=20
> The funny thing is that now I get (please note "." instead of "10.0"):
>=20
> checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd.
> checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd.
>=20
> in all package builds.
>=20
> Most of packages do not dislike this, but there is at least one, which
> does - namely lsof - it fails to detect FreeBSD version.
>=20
> Could you please advise a solution for this?

This should "normally" have been fixed in 2.0 and -devel, but it would need=
s you
to destroy/recreate your jail.

Can you tell me which version of poudriere you were using when creating your
jail?

Another way and simpler way to deal with package building on HEAD, is to us=
e the
new allbsd method, which will fetch the latest current sets build by allbsd=
=2Eorg
people.

regards,
Bapt