Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:27:25 -0700
From:      Andrew Swan <aswan@cs.berkeley.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Pedro Giffuni S," <giffunip@asme.org>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, cmt@bmrc.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: Continuous Media Toolkit

Amancio Hasty writes:
> From The Desk Of "Pedro Giffuni S," :
> > I somehow have to insist on this one (Just found it's homepage ;-));
> > 	http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/projects/cmt/
>
> Long time ago I had a port of this package working on my system.
> Should be interesting to find out from others how is the
> project now days.

I worked for a while on CMT and would be happy to answer questions
about it...  If you are interested in similar toolkits, you should
be aware of the MASH project here at Berkeley (see
http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/mash/).  It is similar in spirit to
CMT but has corrected a number of things that we got wrong.  The
differences are detailed in a paper by McCanne et al from NOSSDAV 97
available from http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/mash/pubs/

Note that MASH already has code to use Bt848 (and meteor) frame
grabbers and the voxware audio interface, which CMT does not have.
If you are interested in looking at the actual source code for both
systems, the CMT source code is available from
http://bmrc/projects/cmt/versions/4.0/  That version is slightly out
of date but we plan to make a new snapshot available soon.  MASH has
not yet been made publicly available but a release is being planned.

-Andrew