Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 19:36:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        apl@hutcs.cs.hut.fi (Antti-Pekka Liedes)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AHA-3940U on Tomcat IIID, asking for trouble?

> Are there any experiences of how well AHA-3940U (bridged PCI card) works
> on Tomcat IIID running freebsd-smp?  I read the FBSD-SMP pages concerning
> bridged cards and it doesn't look promising.

It will work, but it will require kernel patches.  I can't speak for the
4.0 BIOS, but earlier BIOSes did not build the MP table to include
cards with PCI-PCI bridges on them.  If you run the MPtable program and
it lists more than one PCI bus you are probably fine though.

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request