Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 2020 12:09:03 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: FreeBSD src repo transitioning to git this weekend

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:44:27AM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

> 'git config pull.ff only ' is the safest for that scenario. It will ensure
> that you don't accidentally wind up with a polluted stream. You'll know
> your local copy is always the same as upstream.

Thanks, that makes two votes for pull.ff only. Done.

Is it possible to use an old repository cloned back when the
change to git was first announced and last updated around
Sept. 25th, or should I start with a fresh clone? All tries
at updating my old copy report it's up to date, which can't
possibly be true. It doesn't look easy to recover the original
URL, nor the actual date of the last pull command.

Thanks for everyone's help!

bob prohaska