Date:      Tue, 27 May 97 16:34:47 +0200
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what's a maintainer to do?

pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us writes:
> p.s.  if someone else on this list has an interest in vile and would like
> to take over the port maintainer role, please let me know...  not that i
> don't want to, i just think the updates might be more timely...

Jordan already answered this.

I noticed that vile is now at 7.1. Is there a reason not to update
to that version ?

If you don't have commit privileges then it makes little sense for
you to be listed as the maintainer. If you do, then why haven't you
done the update yourself ?

If you're not a committer then I'm willing to take over the vile/xvile
ports since I use xvile all the time.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de