Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 21:46:38 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Linuxulator on -current now supports RH 6.0

Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > 2) But surely, you're getting it into the next -stable release,
> >    aren't you?
> >
> >    I would like that, but that simply depends on 1) and how strongly
> >    everybody feels about it. It's a decision I won't make on my own.
>
> As a user/admin, I feel very strongly about that! I would be rather
> a) cool b) important to have that in 3.3.

Thanks, it's noted :-) I have confidence that it's going to work. Already
people are testing it with success on -stable.

> In our academic environment, failure to be decently Linux-compatible is
> going to cause major headache, because quite some software these days is
> available as Linux binaries, but not as FreeBSD ones, and running -CURRENT
> is probably not a good idea either.

What this is concerned, academic and commercial environments don't differ
that much :-)

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/