Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 13:26:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      behind brown eyes <benji@haven.boston.ma.us>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org, wolftoy@ix.netcom.com
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: SCSI Controller card support]

> 	I have a DPT PM2022 SCSI controller that does not seem to be supported
> by freebsd.  I do not know how to go about changing that or even if it
> is possible.  Any suggestions?

I hate to say it, but Linux seems to have pretty good support for this line of
controllers...

In terms of running FreedBSD with a PM2022, I seem to recall that these
controllers have an IDE compatibility mode (the SCSI controllers make itself
look like an IDE/MFM controller), try poking around the EISA configuration
utility.

	benji

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	benji@haven.boston.ma.us
"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and I