Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:24:01 +0000
From:      Baldur Gislason <baldur@foo.is>
To:        Phillip Neumann <phillip@sofsis.cl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ Spam - HIGH ]  Re: Dell Inspiron 630m

Funny that, I also had this problem on an Inspiron 1000 albeit a bit different there,
on the 1000 the system would not lock up when I ifconfigged the interface up without
a network cable plugged in but it would lock up once the cable was plugged in.
I've ran both NetBSD and Linux on the 1000 without problems.
I currently have most things working on the 630m except the fast ethernet and the sound.
I haven't tried power saving yet. There's also an MMC/SD slot that isn't supported but that
is of low concern to me. The sound quality on these dells isn't great either.
The wireless card works and X11 works with xvideo after upgrading to X.org 6.9.0
I hope to do some more testing tonight.

Baldur