Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:04:35 -0400
From:      degraz@sbohm.yi.org
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation Problems

I am a complete newbie at FreeBSD, trying to install on an IBM Aptiva, with a P166 w/MMX and 48MB of RAM.  I have downloaded the FreeBSD ISO, and burned it to a CD, and have made the two boot disks for installation.  The CD did not boot itself, so I fir
t booted with the Kernel disk, which then asked for the msf root disk.  From here, I choose Visual Setup, and setup my hardware options.  When I continued setup, it gave me the dialog, "Probing Devices, this may take a moment," or something similar.  At
this point, the installation seems to lock.  I have let it go for about 20 minutes and it does nothing.

Is this a hardware issue, that FreeBSD will not support my hardware, or am I doing something wrong?

I hope I don't get nailed to much on this for being a newbie, as I've heard this is common in with freebsd :)  If you need anymore specifications on my hardware, just let me know..

Thank you,

Travis Troyer