Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:45:23 -0500
From:      Wayne Sprouse <wasprouse@earthlink.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unable to Boot!

To Whom It May Concern:

      I am having problems getting FreeBSD 3.2 to boot. I am able to
install it just fine but when I try to boot to FreeBSD it will not go. I
get to the Boot Manager and it gives me the options of: F1 - DOS and F5 -
Disk 1. I press F5 and the boot manager comes up again. So I press F5 again
and the boot manager comes up a third time. When I press F5 a third time an
error comes up saying "Invalid System Disk. Please insert a system disk and
press any key to continue." At this point the only option that I have is to
cold boot my machine. If at anytime during the boot manager options I press
F1 it boots up into Win98. I have tried multiple times to get this to work
and can not. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be most appreciated. My
system Configuration consists of the following:
1) AMD Athlon 500MHz CPU
2) MSI 6167 Motherboard (EV6 200MHz bus)
3) Adaptec AHA-2940UW
4) Three Quantum UW SCSI HD
5) Plextor UltraPlex Ultra-SCSI CD-ROM
6) Diamond SpeedStar A50 display