Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2023 10:06:02 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: User-Agent: and In-Reply-To:

Graham Perrin <grahamperrin_at_freebsd.org> wrote on
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 08:59:22 UTC :

> Not to start a long debate (or rant), I'm curious.
>=20
> Mark, Peter, please: what do you use to send email?
>=20
> A recent discussion is split across twelve threads; screenshot =
attached.
>=20
> I looked at headers for a handful of the splits. If I'm not mistaken:=20=

> neither a *User-Agent*: field, nor an *In-Reply-To*: field.

My subscription to this list is via:

Subscribe without receiving mails: =
freebsd-hackers+subscribe-nomail@freebsd.org

and I read the list via a web browser, not via an
E-mail client. (For example, I've not received your
query via E-mail so far and I read your query in
a web browser.)

This ends up meaning that some of my notes to the list
are from constructing the note from a web page that
I'm viewing. (Like this note.) Other times I've been
TO'd or CC'd and have received it in E-mail as well
and I've happened to reply to that. Thus a mix occurs
overall.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com