Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:11:03 -0800
From:      Jeff Newton <jeff@datapark.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help replacing hard drive

I'm comfortable adding new disks to an existing system but I'm not sure
the best course of action to replace a drive.

I'm going to replace wd0 (my boot drive) because it appears to be
failing.  Here is what I thought I'd do:

1. Add the disk to the existing system
2. Copy the contents of wd0 to the new disk
3. Set the new disk to boot (not sure how to do this)

Is this the correct course of action?  Can anyone provide me with a some
advice on this?

Cheers,

--
Jeff Newton