Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 21:09:58 -0600
From:      "Jim Myers" <jimmyers@carlnet.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PGP Port question

    I'm a fairly experienced DOS/WINDOWS user that just getting his
feet wet with Unix.  I'm trying to install PGP on my Unix account with
little success.  I have an account on a dial-up FREEBSD
Unix system (just a user) and first tried to install the Unix flavor
of PGP262.  I noticed the FREEBSD system was not listed in their
makefile, so I ran across your port.  I mkdired a pgp directory and
put both pgp262s.zip and your makefile.  Unfortunately, the makefile
reports that it
can't find it and goes out on the ftp for it (which is tricky because
of a fluke with this system and PGP's export laws).  I'm also afraid
that your makefile will try and set PGP for the system instead
of in my local directory structure.  Any help or guidance you could
give me would be greatly appreciated.

                                                 Jim Myers
                                                 jimmyers@carlnet.org