Date:      Thu, 09 Feb 2012 22:43:58 +0100
From:      Freek Dijkstra <public@macfreek.nl>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 fragments

I wrote:

> I'm having trouble configuring ipfw to handle fragmented IPv6 packets.

[...]

> My second idea was to simply allow all fragments, and let the TCP stack
> figure it out. I used the following ruleset:
>  ipfw add 1020 count log ipv6 from any to me recv tun0 frag
>  ipfw add 1030 deny  log ipv6 from any to me recv tun0
>
> Unfortunately, this still fails. Below is output of tcpdump and the ipfw
> log. As you can see rule 1020 is never matched.
>
> Why is rule 1020 never matched?

Oh bugger, it seems the problem was between keyboard and chair.
I tested this on a production machine, and moved some rule numbers.
Forgot that I had a skipto rule somewhere and did not update that rule
number...

Anyway, I'm still interested to hear how others handle fragmented IPv6
traffic (off-topic: any pointers to why it is fragmented are appreciated
too).

In particular, I'm still interested in these answers:

> Is there a bug report available for the reassambly bug, so I can track it?
> If not, where can I report it (presuming it is a bug of course)?

Regards,
Freek Dijkstra