Date:      Sun, 9 Oct 2005 13:28:49 -0700
From:      Hector Lecuanda <hlecuanda@gmail.com>
To:        rihad <rihad@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD binary upgrade / gmirror

I Could be wrong, but i believe that you dont have to disklabel your
GEOM devices on sysinstall.. just make sure you load the geom_mirror
module on your /boot/loader.conf file
(add geom_mirror_load=3D"YES")
and mount the mirrored device...

Upon loading, the geom_mirror module will read the metadata on the
mirrored devices and will create the appropriate device (the one you
should mount)...

to be sure, after doing your upgrade, without labeling your disks
(dont touch them using sysinstall) just run

gmirror load

that will load the module and read your mirrored partitions.. all your
data should be there, and

gmirror status

will tell you what is the device you need to add to /etc/fstab

good luck!