Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:46:46 -0800
From:      "Scott Watters" <scott.watters@vina-tech.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Yet another SCSI tape driver question

I appreciate all the discussion about the problems with the
current tape subsystem. I believe most of the discussion
has been about handling EOF with read and write. I'd like
to bring up the main problem I am having which is behavior
of skipping file marks at EOD (end of recorded data).

What should the behavior be if the tape has reached EOD
(how that is marked, I don't care, but 2 EOFs seems good)
and a request for skip forward file mark (or block I guess)
is received? I would assume an error should be reported.
The current action is 0 is returned and the driver logs
an error (BLANK CHECK).

Thanks,
Scott Watters   scott.watters@vina-tech.com   http://www.vina-tech.com