Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:32:53 +0000
From:      amobbs@allstor-sw.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network boot

I want to do diskless network boot with a network card that isn't one of
the supported ones in the FreeBSD kernel.

What I'm trying to achive is network booting of an MFS_ROOT kernel from an
Intel EtherExpress Pro 100. Changing the network card isn't an option, nor
is using NFS_ROOT.

I'm currently trying to get Etherboot (http://www.slug.org.au/etherboot/)
booting a MFS_ROOT kernel (i.e. I'm not worried about having an NFS_ROOT).
Etherboot expects a "tagged" kernel, and contains code to tag a Linux or
DOS kernel, but not FreeBSD.

So, two questions:

1. Is this the best way to go about my goal? If not, what else could I try?
2. Has anybody already got a Etherboot FreeBSD kernel tagger?

Thanks for any help.
Andrew.