Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 2014 10:53:31 -0500
From:      Brian N <fbsd@iozz.us>
To:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS scrub on new disks gives cksum errors

Hi.

I have two new 3TB disks that I'm testing prior to installing in a production
server.  I created a zpool mirror, dumped a bunch of data to the pool and ran a
scrub.  I got back numerous CKSUM errors, the same number on each drive.  I'm
guessing this is not a problem with my 3TB drives but a controller or some
other hardware problem.  Is this a correct assumption?

The PC where I'm running this test is using a GA-E7AUM-DS2H mainboard and
non-ecc memory.

######

root@server:~ # zpool status
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 3h57m with 23 errors on Mon Dec  8 03:05:28 2014
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank        ONLINE       0     0    23
          mirror-0  ONLINE       0     0    46
            ada1    ONLINE       0     0    46
            ada3    ONLINE       0     0    46

errors: 2 data errors, use '-v' for a list