Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:52:11 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fdimage tool on rc2 cd missing

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 11:38:00PM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't be the fdimage tool for creating
> disk images under DOS on the first cd of 5.0-RC2 (and later RELEASE)?

  Yes, fdimage is one of many tools that should be included in the
'tools' directory on the full release ISOs.  Someone forgot to add the
tools directory to the RC2 ISO.  The release candidate ISOs contain
just the base bits + packages, if that much.  Adding the 'tools'
directory should really be an option to "make release" but it isn't
yet.  It's listed as one of the manual steps in the releng article
though.  Anyway, you can download the fdimage program from :

  ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools

you can see the checklist for what goes on the final CDROM images here:

  www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng

  - Murray