Date:      Fri, 26 May 2006 11:44:02 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Gaspar Chilingarov <nm@web.am>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ataidle and -current ?

Gaspar Chilingarov wrote:

>Hi all!
>

>Are there any serious changes in ata between 6.x and -CURRENT branches ?
>
>Ataidle fails on current on amd64 -- does not even display device list
>-- so I'm trying understand what to fix -- compatiliity with amd64 or
>adopt changes for 7.x

the interface to control the deveices has changed.
Theoretically you could make a much simpler ataidle program
now but no-one has done it..

teh previous one sent commands to the ata layer itself.
the new one would have you send the commands to the drive in question..
(At least that is what I got from reading it)