Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 03:46:23 -0500
From:      dstrout@tasc.com (Dave Strout)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AMI Pentium Excalibur VLB MB any good?

Is anyone sucessfully running the AMI Excalibur Pentium VLB motherboard?
Since there seesm to still be some problems with PCI, I went looking for a
Pentium VLB motherboard not based on the Opti or Intel chipsets, and this
was about the only one I could find.  I was hoping someone had some
experiences with it to share.

Related question, is it worth the extra $$ to buy a 66Mhz pentium vs. a
486DX2-66?

And finally, how does VLB work w/ a 66mhz Pentium MB?  I know on a
486DX2-66 the slots are running at 33Mhz, and since the Pentium isn't clock
doubled, it would be my guess that the slots are running 66Mhz.  Is that
true?  If so, does that cause a problem with any cards?

Forgive me if these are silly questions; I've not paid attention to PC
hardware much in the past.

dave.

--
Dave Strout                     dstrout@sun.rest.tasc.com
"`Reserved' is where you park, not how you drive" -- seen in a Pontiac ad.